Help and advice 

National government guidance on how to find housing 4 to 6 months after moving to the UK is available here.
If you know your hosting will end after the 6 months, then it is important to start looking for housing. You will need to pay 1-2 months rent in advance and a deposit of no more than 5 weeks rent. Homes for Ukraine Information Sheet – Options for Future Housing
Local government re-location package information – English and Ukrainian 
A useful video regarding helping Ukrainians find housing is available here.

Citizens Advice Teignbridge
If you are a Ukrainian guest, and need advice or help with anything connected with your stay in the UK, please contact Rebecca Bright at Citizens Advice Teignbridge 01626 326121 or use the referral form here, or the translated version here.

 You can see a full list of every type of issue or topic CAB can help with in English here: CAT-summary-information-sheet-6.docx (
And in Ukrainian here:
CAT-summary-information-sheet-UKR-2.docx (

Health costs
Most health services are free for Ukrainian guests, however prescriptions for medication are not always free. If you need help understanding NHS prescription charges, more information is available here.
UK Healthcare Information Session – An evening information session was held in November with a local GP answering questions and providing information about the UK health system and differences. The event can be watched online here:

Help with childcare costs
As children return to school after summer holidays, HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) is reminding families who may be missing out on tax-free childcare to register.
Families receive up to £500 every three months per child, or £1,000 if their child is disabled, helping towards the cost of before and after-school clubs, childminders and nurseries, holiday clubs and other approved childcare schemes.

HMRC says that more than one million families in the UK are entitled to some form of government childcare support and the government is encouraging anyone eligible not to miss out on their entitlements. According to the guidance here, each parent or carer can earn up to £100,000 per year and still be eligible for tax-free childcare.
Check if you are eligible at

Helpline available in Teignbridge for Ukrainian guests with children aged under 5. The number is 07503 321661.

Helpline for Ukrainian guests and hosts who have children over the age of 5 in the household. – Call 07931 225680 or email 

Supporting Ukraine
Devon County Council website with lots of useful information and support for Ukraine guests and hosts. 

Homes for Ukraine Sponsor PaymentsTeignbridge District Council – new information for ongoing payments (October 2022) 
Payments for Ukrainian NationalsTeignbridge District Council 

Barnardo’s helpline for children and adults fleeing Ukraine and needing support. 
The support offered included therapy with a qualified psychotherapist, advice on a range of issues including employment and accessing health services, and practical support such as providing toys and digital devices. 

TALKWORKS are currently able to offer a trauma focused therapy called Narrative Exposure Therapy (NET) which is an evidence based treatment for refugees or asylum seekers. NET is therapy designed for clients with PTSD and will often be survivors of multiple and complex trauma.

Referrals can be made to TALKWORKS in writing or through the healthcare professional referral form. Patients are also welcome to refer themselves to the service through the online self-referral form, by calling 0300 555 3344 or by emailing

Vodafone Sim Cards
Vodafone sim cards are available free of charge for Ukrainian guests. They are Pay as You Go SIMs that each come with 20GB data each month plus unlimited calls and texts for a period of six months. Contact or if you need a sim card.

Cost of Living Crisis

Cost of Living advice sheet in Ukrainian
Helping Dawlish has a number of pages on the cost of living crisis and help is available for Ukrainian families from local food banks.

Free Bus Passes
CVS have not received any more free bus passes from Devon County Council. If they do they will be sent out. Please do not contact CVS about them.