OTHER HELP AVAILABLE FROM OUR COMMUNITY:
We are also conscious that some people are still shielding, others may be in self-isolation, or are still being impacted by the effects of the lockdown on their finances, families, businesses, mental and physical health and may require support. At this time the food bank (which operated until July) has become a community larder which can support people in immediate need of food whether due to a medical need or social isolation on a referral basis. Please see our community larder page for more information.
Organisations involved in Helping Dawlish can also offer befriending and other help and advice on a case by case basis. Some of services which were offered like volunteer shopping in the shielding months have stopped at present, but would be reactivated if the local situation changes.
If you are self-isolating and want to chat to someone:
- Assist Teignbridge (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm) 01626 888321
- Roots Community Enhancement 07931 225680 follow @rootscommunityenhancement on Facebook for advice on maintaining mental health and wellbeing plus activities for children
- Churches: Mark Jones, Dawlish Christian Fellowship and ROC Dawlish: 07729 998 334 Father Mark, Roman Catholic: St. Agatha’s 01626 774640, Church of England: 01626 867386
- MIND – information and support on a range of topics related to mental health and coronavirus
- Living Options Devon Time to Talk service for people with disabilities or long term health conditions 0300 303 3691
Check out our activities and well-being page on what you can do to stay positive and active.
If you need transport and are unable to use public transport:
- Call Dawlish Community Transport 01626 888890
If you need help with getting things delivered:
- Kemps Cabs 01626 888111
- Teign Taxis 01626 391000 will do Click and Collect from Sainsbury’s in Dawlish. Call first to check availability before booking a shopping slot.
If you need pharmacy services:
- Free Home Delivery Service by Dawlish Warren Pharmacy new patients can be taken on ONLY if a prescription for the new patient is sent to them by a GP. 01626 863649
If you need to contact Citizens Advice:
- They are no longer holding surgeries at the Manor House. You can contact them on 03444 111 444 or visit www.citizensadviceteignbridge.org.uk
Dawlish Town Council’s Mental Wellbeing and Suicide Prevention Working Group has produced a Do you need help? leaflet with lots of details of organisations and support groups view at: Do you need help leaflet?