Community Support & Advice
OTHER HELP AVAILABLE FROM OUR COMMUNITY:
If you have no friends, family or neighbours able to help you (or know of someone who does not have any other help) and need a volunteer to help with shopping please contact Assist Teignbridge on 01626 888321. They may have a volunteer or be able to make arrangements to help you. Payment for the shopping will need to be made over the telephone.
If you need help with getting things delivered:
- Kemps Cabs 01626 888111
- Teign Taxis 01626 391000 will do Click and Collect from Sainsbury’s in Dawlish. Call first to check availability before booking a shopping slot
If you need transport and are unable to use public transport:
- Call Dawlish Community Transport 01626 888890
If you need pharmacy services:
- Free Home Delivery Service by Dawlish Warren Pharmacy – new patients can be taken on ONLY if a prescription for the new patient is sent to them by a GP. 01626 863649
- Until end of July – if with Boots already and only for those that are shielding – you can ring Boots direct on 01626 889139 and ask for home delivery – leave your name, address and telephone number and you will be rung back
If you need to contact Citizens Advice:
- They are no longer holding surgeries at the Manor House. You can contact them on 03444 111 444 or visit www.citizensadviceteignbridge.org.uk
If you are self-isolating and want to chat to someone:
- Assist Teignbridge (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm) – 01626 888321
- Open Daw – Weekdays 10am until 4pm – 07515 882 946 follow @opendaw on Facebook for updates
- Roots Community Enhancement – 07931 225680 follow @rootscommunityenhancement on Facebook for advice on maintaining mental health and wellbeing plus activities for children
- Churches: Mark Jones, Dawlish Christian Fellowship and ROC Dawlish: 07729 998 334 Father Mark, Roman Catholic: St. Agatha’s 01626 774640, Church of England: 01626 867386
- Living Options Devon Time to Talk service for people with disabilities or long term health conditions 0300 303 3691
- MIND – information and support on a range of topics related to mental health and Coronavirus
Donate Today or Get Involved
Help Dawlish By Donating Today!
Ring Dawlish Town Council on: 01626 863388 (10am to 1pm Mon-Fri) who can take payments over the phone.