Help with food
If you are ill, struggling or self-isolating, unable to get out and need food, meals, support or prescriptions, see below:
In addition to local takeaways, some local businesses are offering delivery or collection services and most have now reopened with social distancing measures in place. See the Latest Updates page for an up to date list of local businesses and their current opening hours.
These arrangements may change at short notice. They will tell you how to pay. These are only some of those available – share details of others you know about with friends or family.
Food and meal deliveries:
- Strand Community Centre Meal delivery for elderly and vulnerable Tel: 01626 889038
- Geralds free local delivery to elderly and in need 01626 862090
- Poppadums Health Food free deliveries 01626 863128?or 07468 478974
- Ryders Bakery order online https://rydersbakery.co.uk/ 01626 889395
- Methodist Church Wednesday and Sunday takeaway meals/home delivery ? 07770 882 047
- Lloyd Maunder butchers – local delivery or call and collect 01626 863150
If you are in crisis and a genuine financial need for food:
- ROC Dawlish in conjunction with HITS are operating a temporary foodbank – call 07729 998334
Deliveries will be arranged without any personal contact.
If you are ill, struggling or self-isolating and need small emergency food supplies (milk, bread, soup)
- with no other friends, family or neighbours able to help you or there are no other options for a delivery service then call the Town Council on 01626 863388or 07584 052306. A volunteer may be able to do a doorstep delivery.
Donate Today or Get Involved
Help Dawlish By Donating Today!
Ring Dawlish Town Council on: 01626 863388 (10am to 1pm Mon-Fri) who can take payments over the phone.